- Ensure you have de-icer or an ice scraper and allow plenty of time to clear the windscreen
- Check your anti-freeze levels and top up if necessary
- Make sure your tyres are correctly inflated for winter driving and the tread is sufficient to give the car grip on slippery roads.
- Check your battery is holding its charge and replace if necessary. Car batteries tend have to work harder in the winter.
- Ensure you can be seen on a murky winter day by making sure all your lights are clean and working including headlights, brake and fog lamps. Replace any faulty bulbs.
- Make sure you have good visibility and your wiper blades do their job. You should check your air-con and heated windows (if you have them) effectively demist.
- Check oil levels and although it sounds like an easy one, make sure you’ve got enough fuel to make the journey to the airport.
- Charge your mobile phone fully and make sure you have the number for your breakdown cover company stored in your phone with your membership details.
- Prepare an emergency kit in case you get stranded (warm clothing, blankets, water, snacks etc.)
- Finally, drive carefully and make sure you leave home with plenty of time to spare. Winter traffic is notoriously slow and you wouldn’t want a last minute panic.
Don’t let winter traffic chaos ruin the start of your holiday and make you miss your flight. Book an airport hotel and start your holiday a day early. Relax and sleep sound in the knowledge that you are just minutes away from the airport and get up to 21 days holiday parking included.
For more information visit BookFHR.com or call 08444 122 900