These days you will often see several rates for the same car park or hotel, and one or more of these rates is likely to be ‘non-flexible’.
What does this really mean and should I book non-flexible parking rates or hotel rates?
A non-flexible booking will be non-amendable and also non-refundable if you do not use it for any reason (car parks will let you change the details of the vehicle you are bringing). As there will be a flexible product available to book at a higher price, they are usually pretty strict about the terms and conditions and don’t tend to make exceptions even for illness, a death in the family, a personal emergency or a flight cancellation.
However, there are often reasonable savings to be made, so a non-flexible booking may be a good idea if:
- You are travelling within 24 hours of booking, as the booking will already be non-refundable
- You have travel insurance and have to cancel for any reason where you could claim on insurance
A non-flexible booking may not be such a good idea if:
- You do not have travel insurance
- You think you might need to change dates or times later
- You are booking months into the future, as something could happen in the meantime, meaning you might need flexibility
We offer a best price guarantee on all our Airport Parking giving you peace of mind that you are getting the best deal possible.