Few places on the planet are as diverse as Thailand. It is a place that exists on most people’s bucket list and has something for everyone, no matter your budget, age or disposition. It is a land of beautiful people, culturally rewarding and so much more. There are stunning beaches, jungles, temples and vivid green paddy fields, not to mention the vibrant city of Bangkok.
Depending on your budget, we have chosen two travel options to this enchanting country.
A Luxury Holiday in Thailand
There is lots of choice in Thailand for a luxurious holiday. Here we take a look at Scott Dunn’s ‘Thailand in ultimate luxury’, will get your taste buds working! The itinerary can be designed around you. This is a very special holiday; ideal for those seeking the very best Thailand has to offer:
- Arrive in the colourful chaos of Bangkok
- Fly to Chiang Mai in the cultural north
- See elephants in the rural countryside
- Visit hill tribe villages and the temple of What Pho
- Visit the famous night market in Chiang Mai
- Three nights at the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, with excellent Four Seasons service and a truly idyllic location
- Two all-inclusive nights at the Four Seasons Tented Camp, in the heart of the Golden Triangle and meet the elephants
- Fly south to Bangkok where a small plane awaits to whisk you off to the little-known island of Koh Kood, staying in the luxuriously unique Soneva Kiri
- Dine amongst the treetops whilst being waited on by a butler who arrives by zip wire!
We said this was luxury and with a price tag of £12,600-£16,800, it has to be! But as a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip this might be one of those occasions to spoil yourself. This price tag is based on a 12-night holiday including flights and selected experiences.
An Affordable Holiday in Thailand
There is so much choice for an affordable holiday in Thailand, depending on your accommodation preference. We have chosen a well rated 3* hotel; not budget accommodation, but comfortable and reasonably priced:
- Ashlee Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa
- Superior room Bed & Breakfast
- Short stroll from the heart of Patong: Nightlife and shopping
- 10-minute walk to the sea. Karon Beach 5-minute drive
- Transfers and Baggage
The cost of this 12-night holiday including indirect flights in March, is £630 per person. Other flights, including direct options, are available at a supplement, and there are many hotels to choose from. We were surprised by this costing considering it is long-haul, but Thailand really does offer very good value for money.
Whichever option you choose, we are sure you will have a fantastic experience! Whether you decide on Thailand or elsewhere, remember to book your airport parking as early as possible to get the best price. You may wish to stay the night before in one of our airport hotels with parking and start your holiday refreshed. For a real treat, check-in to the airport lounge and chill.
Finally, we did notice that one hotel we looked at stated that couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage. This doesn’t appear to be the norm but check on the hotel’s website.