If you are planning to fly long haul in economy class, there are a few things to look out for to make your journey more comfortable. Facilities among airlines do vary, so decide what is important to you and do your research before booking.
Things to consider when choosing your economy airline for long haul
- Seat width and pitch will vary among airlines and individual planes.
- If you’re planning to work during the flight, make sure you pick an airline with laptop power ports.
- Need WiFi? Currently, around 80 airlines worldwide offer WiFi on their flights. Only 8 offer free WiFi: Emirates, JetBlue, Norwegian, Turkish Airlines, Air China, Philippine Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines & Nok Air.
- Hoping to watch a movie to pass the time? Some airlines offer in-flight video services, some don’t, make sure you check before booking.
- Choose your seat carefully for extra legroom or convenience.
And to help you on your way, does your favourite airline appear in the top ten?
World’s 10 Best Economy Class Airlines 2018
- Thai Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- ANA All Nippon Airways
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- Garuda Indonesia
- EVA Air
- Japan Airlines
Source: Skytrax World Airline Awards 2018.